What to see around
Liptovský Ján offers several attractions for all ages. Among other things, the village boasts a huge concentration of churches, which is quite unusual in comparison with similar Slovak villages. For example, you can plan a walk on the nature trail, which begins in the nearby Kade complex, or you can climb the lookout tower above Liptovský Ján.
About 300 m from the house is a thermal spring Liptovský Ján called Kaďa. The attraction of this location is mainly due to the fact that swimming in the spring is free and the surrounding area is very well maintained. Undoubtedly, it is also tempting that the water in it has been proving its healing effects for centuries. The overall scenery of the place gives the impression of natural wellness.
If you are planning a day trip, you will definitely appreciate the fact that you will reach Jánská dolina to the ridge of the Low Tatras. In Liptovský Ján you will also find countless hotels with wellness & swimming pools and restaurants, such as Strachanovka, Liptovský Dvor, Alexandria, etc.
In summer season a lot of musical concerts and festivals take place nearby. Liptovský Ján is one of the most visited cities in Slovakia during summer.
- ski resort JASNÁ Nízke Tatry
- ski resort OPALISKO Závažná Poruba
- ski resort ŠTRPSKÉ PLESO
- ski resort Tatranská Lomnica
- cross-country skiing tracks Liptovská Kokava, Čertovica, Jasná
- countless possibilities for Ski Alpinning in the Low and Western Tatras
- Aquapark TATRALANDIA – largest water park in Middle Europe
- Aquapark BEŠEŇOVÁ
- Liptovská Mara – The massive dam on the river Váh forms one of the centers of water sports and other activities in Liptov
- Castle Liptovský Hrádok and nature around
- Upper tank Čierny Váh – the most beatiful view for High Tatras
- countless possibilities for cycling
- Cave in Demänovska Dolina
- Sightseeing in Hight Tatras
- Climb to the Kriváň peak – alpine tourism Slovakian “Mekka”
- Kvačianska Valley and Oblazy – A tour of historic water mills situated in an interesting mountain village